Spaces are still available for the Overwatch® Community Tournament!
The online registration cut off for our 2018 Mainstage Overwatch® Community Tournament has passed but there is still spaces available. Registration will be open the morning of GZGC18 until we reach the max of 32 teams.
- Team captains are required to register on our website (www.gigazonegaming.com) and provide full details on players and alternates. This includes full name, in-game nickname, and email address.
- Must be 13 years or older to participate
- Must reside within the 218 area code
- Limit 32 Teams
- Game Mode: 3v3 Lockout Elimination
- Play will be on PC
- Each team consists of at least 3 players as well as up to 1 alternate player but cannot be an existing player aka played on a different team in the tournament. (even if that player was eliminated in an earlier stage or match)
- Alternates may only be swapped between maps or matches.
- Team rosters may be edited up until the tournament start time. Edits after the tournament has started will not reflect on the tournament roster.
- PC’s will be provided for the tournament (on October 20th) along with peripherals (controller/keyboard/mouse/headset). Players may bring their own keyboard/mouse if they wish, but must use headset provided by GZG.
- Any profanity or name calling towards other players will result in an automatic team disqualification.
- Breaking any rule and any form of cheating, glitching, abusing in-game mechanics, or unsportsmanlike behavior may result in a Forfeit of a Game, Match, or Ban from GZG events. Cheating, glitching, and abusing in-game mechanics accusations must be verified by a GZG Tournament Official. Punishable unsportsmanlike behavior includes, but is not limited to, excessive use of foul or degrading language. For all cheating claims, the burden of proof is on the accuser unless it is witnessed by a GZG staff member.
- During the entire active match, players must keep provided headset on.
- Seeding and matchups for the tournament will be done by random draw.
- The Gigazone gaming staff reserves the right to make changes to the tournament format at any time.
- Default skins must be used for all heroes.
|Game:||One (1) competition played on one (1) map between two (2) teams|
|Map:||The in-game level on which a game is played (ex. Volskaya Industries)|
|Game Mode:||Competition type with specific win condition(s) (ex. Escort)|
|Match:||a series made up of multiple games|
|1st Place||$500 per player on the first place team.|
|2nd Place||$300 per player on the second place team.|
|3rd Place||$150 per player on the third place team.|