General Rules *
Registration rules and times*
- Platform: PC
- Gametype 6v6
- Registration is FREE.
- Overwatch tournament play starts at 10:00AM, Saturday April 10th for the first day.
- Overwatch tournament play resumes at noon, Sunday April 11th for the second day for the final matches
- Microphone and camera not required.
- Player will be expected to have their own copy of Overwatch
- Player must have a mailing address in the 218 area code of the state of Minnesota, U.S.A.
To participate, you must:
|1st Place||$300 per player on the first place team.||
Team YES – Kelly Whipple, Kylie Elliott, Tien Nguyen, Connor Broderick, and Coby LaCroix from Bemidji and Isaak R Smith from Deer River.
|2nd Place||$200 per player on the second place team.||
The Clean Up Crew – Thomas Berge of Bemidji, Ethan Hunt and Ewan Newbold of Pine River, Tristan Jourdain from Red Lake, Jacob Peterson from Red Lake Falls, and Kohl Belgrade-Gotchie from Akeley.
|3rd Place||$100 per player on the third place team.||
ISSA Team – Tristan Lawrence, Naziah Matt, Devon Rainey, James Jones, Matoskah Veaux, and Dakota Veaux from Bemidji
- The tournament bracket will be posted ahead of the tournament start time. Ensure that you’re available in the GZG Discord and have access to the bracket hosted on our site. Bracket will become available after registration has closed. The link to the bracket will be posted on our website as well as to our GZG Discord channel.
- Your team will be notified of your upcoming game via GZG Discord. If your team is unable to join the lobby within 15 minutes of notification of start time for a round, your team faces disqualification.
- Exceptions can be made due to technical issues on the event organizers end.
- No Hero Pools
- Preliminary rounds are best of 3 (Control, Assault, Escort)
- Semifinals and Finals are best of 5 (Control, Assault, Escort, Hybrid)
Saturday-Sunday, April 17th-18th
- Saturday will start at 10 AM (CT) and run until four teams remain.
- Sunday will start at 12 PM (CT) and run until a winner is determined.
- Map Pool: Overwatch League stage one competitive 2020 map pool.
- Lijiang Tower
- Horizon: Lunar Colony
- Temple of Anubis
- Blizzard World
- King’s Row
- Starting Map: Control map chosen by GZG staff.
May be decided by dice roll, drawing straws, long distance nerf dart contest, or any other way they see fit 😉
- Map rotation: Control, Assault, Escort, and Hybrid (Sunday only)
- Consecutive Maps: Loser’s choice
- All players must be eligible to play Ranked.
- Players are required to enter with and play on their highest ranked account.
- All Participants are required to act in a respectful and sportsmanlike manner at all times and abide by the Official Tournament Rules. Gigazone Gaming Staff maintains the sole right in judgement for violations of these rules and standards of integrity for good sportsmanship.
- Lobby: Invite Only
- Presets: Competitive
- Modes: Determined by map rotation
- Killcams: Disabled
- Skins: Disabled
- In the event that a player disconnects during a teamfight, the GZG staff must pause only after the teamfight is over. Each team is allowed 2 pauses due to unforeseen issues during the game. Both pauses cannot exceed 5 minutes in length, at which point play will resume regardless of circumstances. Pausing during a teamfight is not allowed; any ongoing teamfight must conclude before pausing for any reason.
- If you require more time for a pause notify an admin or message StAtiC9#6442 on GZG Discord ASAP.
- The winner should report the result to StAtiC9#6442 on GZG Discord along with a screen shot of the end of match screen, if possible. All match reports should be confirmed by the losing team as well.
- Use the report channel in the Overwatch 2021 category of the GZG Discord server if the opposing team isn’t agreeing with the results. Please post a screenshot of the end of match screen.
- Any player can stream their game, though there is a personal risk of stream sniping which we cannot monitor. GZG Staff reserves the right to stream any games conducted as part of the tournament.
- We require a 3 minute delay if you choose to stream your games.
- Participants on a roster of a team in a match may spectate that team only in that match using “Spectate red only” or “Spectate blue only.”
- Teams are allowed only two substitutes.
- Must declare before the start of the match in the GZG Discord server.
- Substitutes are allowed as long as it is declared before the tournament starts who that might be. Players can substitute only if substitutes have been declared as part of their roster before ANY matches have begun. Please DM StAtiC9#6442 to declare your substitutes.
- GZG staff reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify Tournament competition, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor within or outside of GZG staff’s control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of Tournament competition, as determined by GZG staff. If Tournament competition is so terminated, GZG staff reserves the right to determine the winners of said competition from among all non-suspect, eligible Participants.
Tournament Signup Form
The tournament “Gigazone Gaming Championship 2021 Online Overwatch” is now closed to submissions
These rules are subject to change. All rules will be finalized a week before the tournament. Gigazone Gaming staff reserve the right to change any rules as they see fit throughout the tournament. Follow us to keep up to date.
Prizes are subject to change, follow us to keep up to date.