Registration rules and times:
- Registration is FREE
- Registration open at 10:00 am on Saturday
- There will be 64 player slots.
- The tournament will begin at 11:00 am on Saturday
- Single Elimination
- Must use gaming equipment provided by the tournament (i.e. cannot use your own hardware e.g. PS4, controller, game ext…)
- Any profanity or name calling towards other players will result in an automatic team disqualification.
- Breaking any rule and any form of cheating, glitching, abusing in-game mechanics, or unsportsmanlike behavior may result in a Forfeit of a Game, Match, or Ban from GZG events. Cheating, glitching, and abusing in-game mechanics accusations must be verified by a GZG Tournament Official. Punishable unsportsmanlike behavior includes, but is not limited to, excessive use of foul or degrading language. For all cheating claims, the burden of proof is on the accuser unless it is witnessed by a GZG staff member.
- Choosing Sides: Players will be asked to agree before the game starts who wants to be p1 and p2. If no solution is found, players will rock paper scissors, and the winner will get to decide.
- Choosing Characters: Both players will choose their characters whenever they like. It is up to them when they want to lock in. Pick who you want and go
- Players cannot stop the game at any point. If they do, the guilty party must forfeit the round.
- If the game is stopped because of a player error (I.E. unplugging either their own, or opponents controller.) The guilty party will forfeit the round and the game will go on. If it causes the game to be unable to revert (I.E. unplugging power to the console) then the guilty player must forfeit the game.
- In the event of a power/connection loss or system freeze, the match will be restarted and the players will be required to use the same characters as before.
- In the event that both players die at the same time, the results page will determine the winner.
- Match interruptions beyond the players control (I.E. the game crashes or freezes) will be dealt with directly by the Judge. All best attempts will be made to resume the round from where it left off. If that cannot be accomplished, the Game will be replayed with both players picking the same characters.
**These rules are subject to change. All rules will be finalized a week before the tournament. Gigazone Gaming staff reserve the right to change any rules as they see fit throughout the tournament.