Staff Judged Cosplay
Popular Vote Cosplay
GigaZone Gaming Cosplay Contest Rules and Regulations *
Have fun! Participate! The cosplay contest is for fun and prizes!
This year our Cosplay Contest will be held online! Here’s what you need to know!
Online submission: Each entrant will be asked to submit two photos or a photo and a video for the contest. One entry per person. Contestants will upload and submit their cosplay via our online submission page. Each contestant is required to upload a photo holding either our printable GZGC2021 Logo, displaying the GZGC2021 logo on a handheld device, or handwrite GZGC2021 on paper as a verification photo. The second photo or video will be used for judging and will be posted for voting, this photo does not need to display GZGC2021.
A video submission may be used as well. The video must be ten seconds or less in length and should focus on showing us your cosplay as completely as possible. Photos and video may not be digitally enhanced or altered in any way, doing so will automatically disqualify the entry.
We want to see your awesome cosplay as it truly is! Photo submission will open the first day of GZGC2021 at 10:00 am on April 10, 2021, and will be open until Friday, April 23rd at noon.
- Judging: This year there will be staff judging and popular vote judging. Costumes will be staff judged after the submission timeframe ends and announced on April 24th after 5:00 pm of GZGC2021. Popular voting opens on April 17th at 10:00 am and will run until April 24th at 4:00 pm. Popular voting is open but is restricted to one vote per person.Contestants are allowed to self-promote to get more votes in the popular contest. The earlier you get your online submission in, the longer timeframe you’ll have to get popular votes. Winners do not need to be online at the end of the contest to win and will be contacted after the event.
Rules/Restrictions: All of our standing rules and restrictions apply as if the event were being held live.
All ages may participate in the online event as, this year, it is one open category.Participants must live within the 218 area code.
No employee or direct family members of an employee of Paul Bunyan Communications may enter.
Violation of any rule/restriction will result in disqualification of the entry. Disqualified entries will not be posted online.
Costumes will be judged on the following criteria:
- Quality: How well is your costume constructed.
- Representation of character: How well you portray the character you are dressed as.
- Originality: Does your costume just knock our socks off?
NOTE: Your costume must be age-appropriate. Lewd or nude costumes will not be allowed. Just because some comics and anime show it, doesn’t mean it’s acceptable here.
Replica weapons, if a part of your costume, are allowed with the following rules:
- BLADED PROPS: No Live bladed weapons. Any swords/daggers/spears/etc. must be made from a non-metal material such as resin, foam, worbla, or other such materials. If your costume has a sword or knife and it is metal, it must be peace bonded and be completely unable to be drawn from a sheath or scabbard. Peace bonded weapons are attached to a scabbard or sheath using plastic zip ties in any color.
- GUN PROPS: Gun props are allowed if the following conditions are met. AIRSOFT REPLICAS: Airsoft replicas are allowed but must be rendered unable to fire. This means they must be free of batteries or CO2/gas. Triggers must be depressed and peace bonded/secured with a Brightly Colored plastic zip tie to prove they cannot be fired. Barrels MUST have some sort of marking to denote they are not real weapons. Pistols MUST be holstered. Rifles should have a sling and MUST have a brightly colored barrel blocker AND an Orange muzzle.
These rules are subject to change. All rules will be finalized a week before the tournament. Gigazone Gaming staff reserve the right to change any rules as they see fit throughout the tournament. Follow us to keep up to date.
Prizes are subject to change, follow us to keep up to date.