|1st Place||Matt Rengstorf, Hibbing||Nintendo Switch|
- 64 Player Limit
- Single Elimination
- Must use gaming equipment provided by the tournament (i.e. cannot use your own hardware e.g. Wii-U, controller, game ext…)
- Any profanity or name calling towards other players will result in an automatic team disqualification.
- Breaking any rule and any form of cheating, glitching, abusing in-game mechanics, or unsportsmanlike behavior may result in a Forfeit of a Game, Match, or Ban from GZG events. Cheating, glitching, and abusing in-game mechanics accusations must be verified by a GZG Tournament Official. Punishable unsportsmanlike behavior includes, but is not limited to, excessive use of foul or degrading language. For all cheating claims, the burden of proof is on the accuser unless it is witnessed by a GZG staff member.
- Matchups for the tournament will be done by random draw.
- In the event of a power/connection loss or system freeze, players will be asked to keep their same characters and the match will be restarted.
- The winner of each race will move onto the next bracket.
- Maps will be chosen at random, there will be one map per level of the bracket. (Example: Rainbow Road is chosen for the first map. Everyone that is in the 64 man bracket will play that map. Bowser’s Castle is chosen as the second map. Everyone in the 16 man bracket will play that.)
**These rules are subject to change. All rules will be finalized a week before the tournament. Gigazone Gaming staff reserve the right to change any rules as they see fit throughout the tournament.