Game Rules *
- Open to players 12 years of age and under.
- Open to players that live in the 218 area code only
- Limited to 32 players
- Single Elimination
- 3 stock, 7 minutes
- Items Off, Handicap Off, Spirits Off, Final Smash Meter Off
- Pause Off, Stage Hazards Off, Stage Morph Off
- Amiibos Banned
- Most current patch within 10 days of event will be used
- 2/3 Games per Set
- 3/5 Games for Grand Finals
- All controllers permitted as long as they do not contain macro or turbo functions that are not present in stock Gamecube controllers
- Final Destination
- Pokémon Stadium 1
- Town & City
- Kalos Pokémon League
- Lylat Cruise
- Yoshi’s Island (Melee)
- Yoshi’s Story
- Players/teams select characters or request double blind picks (see Additional Rules).
- Players/teams play a Rock-Paper-Scissors (RPS) best of 1. RPS winner may choose to either strike a stage first or select a port first. Starter stages are struck in a P1-P2-P2-P1 order. Remaining stage is the stage for Game 1.
- After Game 1, the following procedure takes place:
- Game winner strikes 2 stages from the full list of legal stages. This strike is effective for the following game only.
- Game loser picks stage for next game from remaining available legal stages. Players/teams may not pick any stage they won on in the set unless mutually agreed to (see Gentleman’s Clause in Additional Rules).
- Winning player/team selects characters (may change characters).
- Losing player/team selects characters (may change characters).
- Next game is played
- Repeat step 3 until the set is completed.
Timeouts, Ties, and Sudden Death Situations:
If the timer reaches zero the player with the higher stock wins the game. If players are tied in stock the lower percentage holder wins. If players are tied in percent or lose their last stocks simultaneously, then the players will compete in a final 1-stock game with a 2-minute timer. This Sudden Death game determines the winner of the game.
If a match ends with the successful use of a character’s self-destruct move then the results screen will determine the winner. There will be no exceptions to this rule. If the use of a Self-Destruct Move creates a Sudden Death situation than standard Sudden Death rules will apply.
Players may compete under a rule set mutually agreed upon at the start of their set. Prior to starting a set using the Gentleman’s Clause both players must alert their pool judge to any changes they are enacting. Any ruleset willfully delaying the tournament is an exception to this clause.
Players using a Pro Controller must use the wired option and have the controller’s batteries removed. Failure to have batteries removed during play will count as a forfeiture from the tournament. Should a wireless controller interrupt a set for any reason the controller’s owner will be forfeited from the tournament. There will be a zero tolerance policy in effect for the duration of the tournament. It is highly advised you use a wired controller.
If a player pauses the game a stock, or the game if no stocks are available, will be forfeited. If the pause occurs causing an opponent to lose a stock the pausing player will sacrifice 2 stocks, or the game if 2 stocks are unavailable. A player can lose the set on account of a pause.
Freezing, infinites, and glitches preventing the game from continuing (disappearing characters, game resets, etc) are not allowed. Should you activate any of these actions you will forfeit the game. You can lose the set on a forfeit. You are responsible for knowing your characters and what illegal actions they may be capable of triggering. Accidental activations will be ruled as intentional in all cases.
|First Place||Nintendo Switch lite w/$70 gift card||Tannin Farris of Bemidji|
|Second Place||Nintendo Switch lite w/$70 gift card||Cameron Smith 0f Bemidji|
|Third Place||$100||Shawn Hill of Red Lake|
|Fourth Place||$50||Tripp Prather of Grand Rapids|
These rules are subject to change. All rules will be finalized a week before the tournament. Gigazone Gaming staff reserve the right to change any rules as they see fit throughout the tournament. Follow us to keep up to date.
Prizes are subject to change, follow us to keep up to date.