Pre registration rules and times:
- Pre registration opens at 4pm on Sept 5th
- Game Mode: 3v3 Lockout Elimination
- Registration is FREE
- Check in at 10:00am – 11:30am (failure to check in on time will result in position loss that’ll be granted to a standby player)
- Starts at 12:00 pm Saturday
- Single Elimination
- Must use gaming equipment provided by the tournament (i.e. cannot use your own hardware e.g. Xbox, controller, game ext…)
- Any profanity or name calling towards other players will result in an automatic team disqualification.
- Breaking any rule and any form of cheating, glitching, abusing in-game mechanics, or unsportsmanlike behavior may result in a Forfeit of a Game, Match, or Ban from GZG events. Cheating, glitching, and abusing in-game mechanics accusations must be verified by a GZG Tournament Official. Punishable unsportsmanlike behavior includes, but is not limited to, excessive use of foul or degrading language. For all cheating claims, the burden of proof is on the accuser unless it is witnessed by a GZG staff member.
- During the entire active match, players must keep provided headphones on.
- Seeding and matchups for the tournament will be done by random draw.
- In the event of a power/connection loss or system freeze, the match will be resumed and the number of rounds that were left at the time of the disconnect will be played. The round that was currently being played will be restarted. The same character lockouts will apply from when the disconnect took place.
- The Gigazone gaming staff reserves the right to make changes to the tournament format at any time.
- Players cannot sign into their own personal Blizzard/Overwatch accounts for the tournament. All accounts used will be provided by Gigazone Gaming.
- Default skins must be used for all heroes.
|Score to win||3 rounds|
|Tiebreaker starts||at 105 seconds|
|Role selection limit||None|
|Restrict previously used heroes||After round won|
|Return to lobby||After a mirror match|
- Championship game will be played in a best of 3 format instead of single elimination.
- No warm-up or practice Games are permitted once the Match’s first Game has begun. If a Match is played before the scheduled time, it will not be considered a warm-up and will count as the official results.
- Teams will have a 5 minute grace period from the scheduled start time of their match. Teams may delay a match between Games for up to 5 minutes. After 5 minutes if the delaying team does not have the minimum required players, they will forfeit the match.
- A Team will Forfeit the Match if they are missing more than one player. Teams will be forced to start a Game at the end of a Grace Period of 5 mins.
- Players who move their Character outside of the normal boundaries of a Map may Forfeit the Game. Moving outside of the normal boundaries of a Map includes but is not limited to part of the Character’s body passing through what should be a non-permeable surface or object, and moving into any area from which your Character registers shots on an opponent who is not able to register shots on your Character.
|Game:||One (1) competition played on one (1) map between two (2) teams|
|Map:||The in-game level on which a game is played (ex. Volskaya Industries)|
|Game Mode:||Competition type with specific win condition(s) (ex. Escort)|
|Match:||a series made up of multiple games|